Server maintenance this weekend

• We're still working on things, but feel free to converse here or join us on discord.
  • Please read here for information on the status of the servers.

WizardTux

Administrator
Staff member
Diamond Supporter
Jun 1, 2022
Shawnee, KS
tranquil.gg
All,

First off I hope everyone is having an awesome Thursday / Friday, but I want to make sure everyone is aware of what will be happening this weekend.

We will be preforming some server maintenance this weekend to further help with decentralizing our network so that we're not reliant on a single provider. This also gives us greater flexibility in the future as we add new games / expand on existing games, it will also free up some of my time to play and/or develop more. This will only notify once, so if you want to see updates be sure to check back on this thread from time to time.

When will this happen?
Code:
I'm not sure yet, I'm still in the testing phase, but it will likely happen Friday or Saturday when server population is either non-existent or low.

What will this affect?
Code:
Game servers will remain operational and existing connections will stay active, however
re-connecting or initial connections will be denied during the maintenance.

Website will be in maintenance mode / offline for a portion of the maintenance.

What will happen when the website is back up?
Code:
When the website is back online and accessible to you there is a chance that images will not load
for a brief amount of time.

How will I know everything is back online?
Code:
The site will be loading along with its images, servers will allow new connections and I will try to make sure I update this thread.

WizardTux

Administrator
Staff member
Diamond Supporter
Jun 1, 2022
Shawnee, KS
tranquil.gg
I attempted to make the switch earlier today and ran into some issues so had to revert back, hopefully I'll make some progress tomorrow with the new setup.

Again you won't notice anything when the change is completed as this is a backend change.

WizardTux

Administrator
Staff member
Diamond Supporter
Jun 1, 2022
Shawnee, KS
tranquil.gg
I'm going to attempt more testing this week and attempt the cutover late this week or over the weekend. The cutover is fairly instant once I get the backend working correctly.